Friday, July 22, 2011

The Foot Book

      Deployment is a constant roller coaster of emotions for me, that is without even turning on the news. I find myself constantly beside wither my cell phone or laptop. 95% of the time it is both. With all the waiting and anticipation I find myself sinking into sadness.
     
      After not getting a call at my "normal" time. Mandy and I got dressed and headed to Dothan for Maddy's doctor appointment. I had been expecting a package from Ashton for days. He told me he had made a DVD for Maddy and it came with the same book he had read. Well as we were pulling out of the driveway I stopped to check one last time before we left and to my surprise it was there!!

11
     I was just excited to see his kindergartner handwriting on the package, but the best part was the excitement on my 9 month old's face when the DVD started playing. She just looked at me in disbelief and said Dada.


Oh and by the way I got a call at 3am. Not the "normal" time but ill take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment