Sunday, July 17, 2011

Not making promises

      I'm writing for my personal and mental state mostly, but if it helps give insight of working through my husband's deployment then why not. I am not making promises that this will be an every day blog. If I write once a week I would be happy with myself.
     
      With saying that, today is day 7. People say don't count the days because it is only wishing time away, but I am 7,424 miles away from the love of my life. Every second I spend wishing he were here to watch our child grow with me or I am spending thinking about his safety. I will say that this week has flown and I am praying they are all this quick.

      Many do not know though that the morning after Ashton boarded the plane I had to have surgery. The Wednesday before he left I went for a check at my OB-GYN. I was 10 weeks pregnant with our second child..so we thought..but they couldn't find a heartbeat, which lead to a D&C Monday afternoon. I went into surgery alone, because my wonderful sister flew out the night before to take care of Maddy. But I am alive and still saying everything happens for a reason.



          I decided I would move back to Alabama and work on school and be around all my loved ones for support. It seems to be getting a little easier to manage life around waiting on a phone call even though I wish it was waiting for a front door to open. I miss my husband and am praying for his safety and comfort. He has a duty and I will have to live with that for another 358 some odd days. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment